The year of living morosely

As I have now spent more than a year divorced and two years miserably separated, certain horrible things have dawned on me. I will outline these in the bulleted list below.


  • The fictional characters on TV shows make the best friends
  • The only reason I would get married again is if I needed to stay in a foreign country because of legal trouble back in the US
  • The little shopping carts at Wegmans built for one person's groceries make me smile when I use them
  • It's hard to get out of bed in the morning because my queen size air mattress is so damn comfortable
  • I have a hard time playing video games now because it brings me back to the times I would ignore my wife playing every weekend
  • I have a set of grooves in my carpet from moving the one chair I own from room to room
  • I love swearing at the female voice of my cellphone when she can't understand my voice dialing
  • I would rather just be surprised than go to a doctor for a yearly physical
  • I have my child support case worker added to my instant messaging contacts

Popular posts from this blog

How to annoy the ex in three easy steps.

Shitty American cars of The Old Man

The Red Queen